Writing VisionSOM-8MM system image to eMMC memory
From SomLabs Wiki
Writing system image to eMMC memory
This tutorial explains how to write the generated system image to the eMMC memory on the VisionSOMmodule. This setup requires also the VisionCB-8M-STD carrier board. The image is written using the UUU tool from NXP. It may be obtained from the NXP website or github repository.
In order to write the system image to the eMMC the following files are required (all of them are generated during Yocto system building):
- the bootloader binary - imx-boot-visionsom-8mm-cb-sd.bin-flash_evk
- system image - imx-image-multimedia-visionsom-8mm-cb.wic or fsl-image-validation-imx-visionsom-8mm-cb-std.sdcard (in older Yocto versions)
Writing image procedure
The following steps are required to install the image in the eMMC memory.
- Connect the micro-USB cable to the USB-OTG connector on the VisionCB-8M-STD board
- Power-on the board
- Hold the BOOT/RCRV button and reset the board using the RESET button
- Run the UUU tool:
sudo ./uuu -v -b emmc_all imx-boot-visionsom-8mm-cb-sd.bin-flash_evk imx-image-multimedia-visionsom-8mm-cb.wic
- Wait for the programming to finish
- Reset the board, the programmed system will boot